Thursday, September 16, 2010

IDENTITY


Well, for me the only good things about this holiday are that I don’t have to work this weekend, and that I can party five days in a road… About the other things, I really don’t care. This bicentenary is a fake. The so renowned freedom said around these days is just a promise of fidelity to the Spaniard crown, a promise that after they ended their conflict with the French ones we would be here for them. But instead we killed our people; we took their lands and we gave them to foreign people; we denigrated them till the point they now have to pray for a little compassion by doing a hunger strike. If being a Chilean is forgetting our roots and killing my own people, I don’t want to be one. Lately, I just don’t feel any proud of being Chilean, I don’t like the thing we’re turning into, we’re just being as selfish as the people with power want us to be. I don’t want to get in the populism of our beloved president, but the thing that’s going on with the Mapuche people really is an issue. We cannot discriminate our own people, we cannot treat them like foreign (not that we have to treat them badly either) when the owners of this land in first instance were them.

No comments:

Post a Comment